Children are always a blessing. Hence, you would want to be at your best when they arrive. Preparation is key. In the advent of family planning initiatives, couples are being exposed to more opportunities to prepare as parents. In fact, the Center for Disease Control says family planning is a modern achievement where couples were able to attain their spacing plans and ideal family size.
Without proper planning, unintended pregnancy may occur. Unfortunately, this lack of intention could result in the following instances:
- Prenatal care delays
When the mom misses out on vitamin intakes at the early trimesters, the baby’s health could be affected.
- Breastfeeding difficulties and issues
The unprepared mom may feel frustration at the challenges of breastfeeding, thus, resulting in improper handling of the baby.
- Risks on the mother’s emotional health
Not knowing about post-partum depression can affect mother’s active caregiving to her child.
- Risks of exhibiting violence to unborn baby
The unprepared mom may think that the baby keeps her from pursuing her life goals and violence to the child may happen.
In all of these examples, the baby is always the victim. An infant’s health and well-being can be monitored with the proper guidance of medical experts for pregnant women. Without the right planning, the baby’s life is put at risk.
There’s always a chance for couples to readjust their lenses on family planning. Get sufficient advice from the field experts, such as the team of health professionals here at Alliance ObGyn & Consultants LLC.
What are your questions on family planning methods? What scares you about contraceptives? How is the mother and child’s health preserved in family planning options? Do you also have these questions? These, among others, are the questions that need to be asked to your health care professional. We know that those who ask such questions have their sights on what’s best for their future children and family.
You can never go wrong by planning ahead. Here are some family planning benefits that we would like to point out:
- Economic: Looking ahead and planning for your family’s future gives you the chance to look at your finances. You can broadly look at your potential income and decide whether or not you can realistically support your growing family.
- Scheduling Life Goals: A lot of women want to pursue graduate studies or work for a promotion – such major life goals can be strenuous and time-consuming. Getting pregnant unexpectedly while you’re halfway through completing your life goals can put an emotional strain on you, but more hazardously, it could affect the baby too. With family planning, women can make more sound decisions in the timing of their pregnancy to preserve their own health as well as their child’s health.
- Ensuring the Baby’s Survival: It is unfortunate that ill-timed pregnancies or closely-spaced births often lead to the death of the infant. Family planning ensures that mothers are giving their body enough time to recuperate after giving birth before getting pregnant again.
Feel free to set an appointment with us to discuss your options for family planning. We hope this blog has helped you make important decisions for your family.
We are dedicated to assisting couples and women to reach their dreams for the family and personal intentions. When it comes to family planning, we want you to be empowered parents. We’re here on the medical end, but the decision begins and ends with you.